Air Force vs. Wyoming: Full Game Preview
|Air Force||M Lyons 18.6||M Lyons 4.7||T Fletcher 3.9|
|Wyoming||L Martinez 14.5||L Washington 9.1||D Gilmore 2.6|
Wyoming plays host to Air Force at Arena-Auditorium on Saturday. Tip-off is at 10:00 EST and you can catch it on ROOT-RM. The Cowboys are 5-4 against the Falcons over the last four years. They fell 58-53 on 2/15/2012, the last time they met.
Air Force is in 4th place in the conference and Wyoming is in 7th place.
In their last match-up on January 24th, Larry Nance Jr put up 16 points and 5 steals for the Cowboys in a loss to UNLV, 62-50. He tallies 10.9 points per game and also adds 7.2 rebounds per game. For the Falcons, Tre` Coggins put up 9 points and 8 assists in the 90-48 blowout of New Orleans on January 23rd. He contributes 1.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 3.5 points per game. Air Force can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: effective field goal percentage at 56.3 and turnover percentage at 17.6.
Air Force StatSmack
- Derrious Gilmore is ranked 6th in the Mountain West in three-pointers and 9th in the Mountain West in assists.
- Larry Nance Jr is ranked 7th in the Mountain West in rebounds.
- Wyoming is better under pressure, and has defeated Air Force in 9 out of the last 16 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- At least you keep showing up. Wyoming has an average margin of victory of 12 over Air Force in 52 wins since 1980.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Wyoming has a stronger schedule than Air Force this season (SOS Rank: #257 vs #276).
- Luke Martinez is ranked 50th nationally in three-pointers and 3rd in the Mountain West in steals.
- Wyoming has a better scoring defense (54.6 allowed per game vs 66.4 allowed per game) than Air Force this season.
- We just win. Wyoming has more wins over the last 5 years than Air Force (85 vs 73).
- We make our fans proud. Wyoming has a better record at home than Air Force this season (9-0 vs 5-1).
- It's only wins and losses, but Wyoming has a better overall record than Air Force this season (13-0 vs 8-4).
- Laramie isn't as congested as USAFA (population is significantly lower).
|B||Larry Nance Jr||32||11||7||1||1||1||2|
|D+||Derek Cooke Jr||10||2||3||0||0||0||1|