Iowa vs. Purdue: Full Game Preview
|Iowa||R Devyn Marble 14.5||A White 6.2||A Clemmons 4.1|
|Purdue||T Johnson 13.3||A Hammons 6.1||R Johnson 3.6|
Iowa travels to Mackey Arena on Sunday to take on Purdue. Tip-off is at 3:30 EST and it can be seen on Big Ten Network. The Hawkeyes are 1-7 against the Boilermakers over the last four years. They fell 75-68 on 1/17/2012, the last time they met.
Iowa is in 9th place in the conference, Purdue is in 6th place.
The Hawkeyes were defeated by Ohio State 72-63 on January 22nd despite 13 points and 7 rebounds from Aaron White. He tallies 13.5 points per game in addition to a team-best 6.2 rebounds per game. For the Boilermakers, D.J. Byrd finished with 11 points and 6 rebounds in the 68-53 loss to Michigan on January 24th. He contributes 3.9 rebounds per game in addition to his 10.5 points per game.
Iowa appears to have a key statistical advantage over Purdue in one area, scoring, where the Hawkeyes have an edge over the Boilermakers, 73 points per game to 66 points per game.
- Even computers respect Iowa more. We have a better RPI this season than Purdue (RPI: #88 vs #186).
- It's only wins and losses, but Iowa has a better overall record than Purdue this season (11-3 vs 6-6).
- The Iowa blocks leader (Melsahn Basabe) has more blocks than the Purdue blocks leader (A.J. Hammons).
- Iowa has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Purdue ($33,134 vs $37,011).
- At least you keep showing up. Iowa has an average margin of victory of 10 over Purdue in 26 wins since 1980.
- We make our fans proud. Iowa has a better record at home than Purdue this season (9-1 vs 5-2).
- Iowa has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Purdue ($16,838 vs $19,459).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Iowa has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Purdue (11 vs 5).
- The Iowa scoring leader (Roy Devyn Marble) has more points than the Purdue scoring leader (Terone Johnson).
- Iowa players are more experienced than Purdue players (11,094 minutes played vs 7,675 minutes played).
- Aaron White is ranked 7th in the Big Ten in points and 6th in the Big Ten in rebounds.