Brigham Young vs. Portland: Full Game Preview
|Brigham Young||T Haws 20.6||B Davies 7.2||M Carlino 4.3|
|Portland||R Nicholas 13.1||R Nicholas 9.5||D Rodgers 2.4|
Brigham Young travels to Chiles Center on Saturday to take on Portland. The game gets underway at 10:30 EST and you can catch it on ESPNU. The Cougars are 3-0 against the Pilots over the last four years. They won 76-66 on 2/25/2012 the last time they played.
Brigham Young is currently in 3rd place in the conference and Portland is in 8th.
In their last game, Brandon Davies put up 14 points and 6 rebounds in the Cougars 83-63 loss to Gonzaga on January 24th. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 7.2 rebounds per game and 1.2 blocks per game. For the Pilots, Ryan Nicholas finished with 23 points and 5 rebounds in the 75-72 loss to San Francisco on January 24th. He leads the team in points with 13.1 per game and rebounds with 9.5 per game.
Brigham Young looks to have the advantage over Portland in one significant area, scoring, where the Cougars have an edge over the Pilots, 77 points per game to 60 points per game.
- Even computers respect Brigham Young more. We have a better RPI this season than Portland (RPI: #24 vs #240).
- It's only wins and losses, but Brigham Young has a better overall record than Portland this season (10-4 vs 7-8).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Brigham Young has a stronger schedule than Portland this season (SOS Rank: #29 vs #180).
- We make our fans proud. Brigham Young has a better record at home than Portland this season (7-0 vs 6-2).
- Brigham Young has a more potent offense, scoring more points (78.1 per game vs 63.1 per game) than Portland this season.
- The Brigham Young scoring leader (Tyler Haws) has more points than the Portland scoring leader (Ryan Nicholas).
- Brigham Young waxed Portland by 10 points the last time they played (Feb 25, 2012).
- Brigham Young can actually jump, with more rebounds (40.5 per game vs 36.5 per game) than Portland this season.
- You get an A for effort, but Brigham Young has emerged victorious against Portland the last 5 times they've played.
- The Brigham Young basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Portland (100% vs 80%).
- The Brigham Young steals leader (Brandon Davies) has more steals than the Portland steals leader (Korey Thieleke).
|D+||T. van der Mars||21||6||5||1||0||1||1|