|Iowa||R Devyn Marble 14.5||A White 6.2||A Clemmons 4.1|
|Purdue||T Johnson 13.3||A Hammons 6.1||R Johnson 3.6|
Purdue welcomes Iowa to Mackey Arena on Sunday. Tip-off occurs at 3:30 EST and you can catch it on Big Ten Network. The Boilermakers are 7-1 against the Hawkeyes over the last four years. They won 75-68 on 1/17/2012 the last time they played.
Iowa is in 9th place in the conference and Purdue is in 6th place.
In spite of 14 points from Terone Johnson, the Boilermakers came up short 68-53 against Michigan on January 24th. With 13.3 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. For the Hawkeyes, Aaron White put up 13 points and 7 rebounds in the 72-63 loss to Ohio State on January 22nd. He is averaging 13.5 points per game in addition to a team-best 6.2 rebounds per game.
Comparing team stats, Iowa looks to have the edge in one significant category, scoring, where the Hawkeyes have the upper hand over the Boilermakers, 73 points per game to 66 points per game.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Purdue has a stronger schedule than Iowa this season (SOS Rank: #111 vs #193).
- We win when it counts, too. Purdue has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Iowa (9 vs 0).
- You get an A for effort, but Purdue has emerged victorious against Iowa the last 2 times they've played.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Purdue has come back to win after being down at half against Iowa 4 times since 1999.
- It must sting. Purdue has blown out Iowa by 20 points or more on 5 occasions since 1999.
- The Purdue basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Iowa (67% vs 55%).
- Purdue is better under pressure, and has defeated Iowa in 7 out of the last 10 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Purdue beat Iowa by 7 points the last time they played (Jan 17, 2012).
- How does our back look? Purdue is ranked higher than Iowa in the Big Ten (#3 vs #11).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Purdue currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (995 to 947) than Iowa, per the NCAA.
- AP voters think more highly of Purdue and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Iowa (76 vs 25).