|Bowling Green||J Crawford 16.3||A Calhoun 7.7||J Crawford 3.9|
|Toledo||R Pearson 18.5||R Pearson 6.3||J Brown 5.1|
Toledo plays host to Bowling Green at Savage Hall on Saturday. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST. The Rockets are 0-4 against the Falcons over the last four years. They fell 66-63 on 2/11/2012, the last time they met.
Both teams share 4th place in the MAC.
The Rockets were defeated by Akron 71-56 on January 23rd despite 16 points and 8 rebounds from Rian Pearson. He leads the team in points with 18.5 per game, rebounds with 6.3 per game, and steals with 1.8 per game. In a 70-55 blowout of Kent State on January 23rd, Chauncey Orr put up 18 points for the Falcons. He is averaging 7.2 points and 3.5 rebounds per game. A key area of strength for Bowling Green is turnover percentage at 19.2, which ranks 2nd in their conference (and 112th nationally).
Bowling Green StatSmack
- Toledo has a more potent offense, scoring more points (68.6 per game vs 62.1 per game) than Bowling Green this season.
- Toledo is better under pressure, and has defeated Bowling Green in 5 out of the last 9 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Toledo has come back to win after being down at half against Bowling Green 4 times since 2000.
- Toledo players are more experienced than Bowling Green players (11,395 minutes played vs 10,066 minutes played).
- Nathan Boothe is ranked 9th in the MAC in blocks.
- Winning is in our blood. Toledo had a better record in close games than Bowling Green last season (7-8 vs 3-8).
- Even computers respect Toledo more. We have a better RPI this season than Bowling Green (RPI: #249 vs #296).
- At least you keep showing up. Toledo has an average margin of victory of 8 over Bowling Green in 29 wins since 1980.
- The Toledo scoring leader (Rian Pearson) has more points than the Bowling Green scoring leader (A`uston Calhoun).
- Julius Brown is ranked 8th in the MAC in assists.