West Virginia vs. Oklahoma State: Full Game Preview
|West Virginia||J Staten 9.9||A Murray 6.5||J Staten 3.0|
|Oklahoma State||M Brown 14.4||P Jurick 7.1||M Smart 4.5|
On Saturday, Oklahoma State hosts West Virginia at Gallagher-Iba Arena. Tip-off is at 1:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN U.
Oklahoma State is tied with West Virginia for the 6th spot in the conference.
The Cowboys were defeated by Baylor 64-54 on January 21st despite 24 points from Le`Bryan Nash. He tallies 13.9 points per game and also adds 4.4 rebounds per game. For the Mountaineers, Eron Harris finished with 19 points in the 71-50 blowout of TCU on January 23rd. He contributes 2.1 rebounds per game in addition to his 7.2 points per game. The Four Factors in which West Virginia stands out are offensive rebounding percentage at 39.1 and turnover percentage at 18.4.
West Virginia StatSmack
- The Oklahoma State scoring leader (Markel Brown) has more points than the West Virginia scoring leader (Juwan Staten).
- The Oklahoma State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than West Virginia (92% vs 71%).
- Oklahoma State has more Top 50 Director's Cup finishes than West Virginia (18 vs 5)
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Oklahoma State is superior to West Virginia (Latest AP Poll: #22 vs Not Ranked).
- Oklahoma State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (0.667 to 0.600).
- Oklahoma State is better at defending the three (30.1% allowed vs 34.7% allowed) than West Virginia this season.
- West Virginia has been ducking Oklahoma State for over 30 years.
- The Oklahoma State steals leader (Marcus Smart) has more steals than the West Virginia steals leader (Juwan Staten).
- Even computers respect Oklahoma State more. We have a better RPI this season than West Virginia (RPI: #21 vs #73).
- Phil Forte is ranked 2nd in the Big 12 in three-pointers.
- Diaper Dandies love us. Oklahoma State has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than West Virginia (5 vs 1).