|Florida Atlantic||G Gantt 22.0||J McCoy 5.9||J Trapp 2.3|
|Arkansas State||E Townsel 15.4||B Peterson 9.6||R Dickerson 2.4|
Arkansas State welcomes Florida Atlantic to Convocation Center (AR) on Saturday. Tip-off is at 8:30 EST and you can see it on CSS or Sun Belt Network. The Red Wolves fell to the Owls 72-65 on December 1st and are 2-4 against them over the last four years.
Florida Atlantic and Arkansas State are tied for 5th in the conference.
In their last outing, despite 18 points from Cameron Golden, the Red Wolves fell to Troy 74-67 on January 24th. He contributes 2.8 rebounds per game in addition to his 7.3 points per game. The Owls were defeated by Arkansas-Little Rock 65-62 on January 24th despite 24 points from Stefan Moody. He contributes 3.9 rebounds per game in addition to his 14.8 points per game.
Florida Atlantic StatSmack
- Arkansas State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (0.490 to 0.364).
- Arkansas State players are more experienced than Florida Atlantic players (12,329 minutes played vs 8,996 minutes played).
- Edward Townsel is ranked 4th in the Sun Belt in points, 29th nationally in three-pointers, and 3rd in the Sun Belt in steals.
- Even computers respect Arkansas State more. We have a better RPI this season than Florida Atlantic (RPI: #195 vs #264).
- It's only wins and losses, but Arkansas State has a better overall record than Florida Atlantic this season (8-5 vs 6-8).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Arkansas State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (968 to 941) than Florida Atlantic, per the NCAA.
- We make our fans proud. Arkansas State has a better record at home than Florida Atlantic this season (5-1 vs 4-2).
- Rakeem Dickerson is ranked 4th in the Sun Belt in steals.
- The Arkansas State rebounding leader (Brandon Peterson) has more rebounds than the Florida Atlantic rebounding leader (Jordan McCoy).
- We just win. Arkansas State has more wins over the last 5 years than Florida Atlantic (79 vs 73).
- The Arkansas State steals leader (Edward Townsel) has more steals than the Florida Atlantic steals leader (Jackson Trapp).