Evansville vs. Illinois State: Full Game Preview
|Evansville||C Ryan 17.2||T Taylor 7.3||T Taylor 4.2|
|Illinois State||J Carmichael 17.9||J Carmichael 9.2||K Keane 4.0|
Illinois State welcomes Evansville to Redbird Arena on Saturday. The game gets underway at 8:00 EST and you can catch it on CSN-CHI or FSN. ESPN3. The Redbirds are 6-3 against the Aces over the last four years. They lost 79-71 the last time they played (1/21/2012).
Illinois State is in 9th place in the conference, Evansville is in 3rd place.
In a 60-58 triumph over Indiana State on January 23rd, Johnny Hill put up 18 points for the Redbirds. He is averaging 7.4 points and 3.4 rebounds per game. In a 66-56 victory over Bradley on January 23rd, Egidijus Mockevicius put up 7 points and 10 rebounds for the Aces. He averages 5.8 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.5 blocks per game. Evansville will hope to exploit their strength in turnover percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 17.3 in this area ranks 2nd in the conference and 29th in the country.
- The Illinois State rebounding leader (Jackie Carmichael) has more rebounds than the Evansville rebounding leader (Troy Taylor).
- It's only wins and losses, but Illinois State has a better overall record than Evansville this season (9-4 vs 7-6).
- The Illinois State blocks leader (Jackie Carmichael) has more blocks than the Evansville blocks leader (Egidijus Mockevicius).
- Jackie Carmichael is ranked 49th nationally in points, 1st in the Missouri Valley in rebounds, and 38th nationally in blocks.
- We just win. Illinois State has more wins over the last 5 years than Evansville (113 vs 74).
- The Illinois State three-point leader (Tyler Brown) has more three-pointers than the Evansville three-point leader (D.J. Balentine).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Illinois State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (973 to 956) than Evansville, per the NCAA.
- At least you keep showing up. Illinois State has an average margin of victory of 8 over Evansville in 27 wins since 1992.
- The Illinois State steals leader (Johnny Hill) has more steals than the Evansville steals leader (Colt Ryan).