Wagner vs. St. Francis (PA): Full Game Preview
|Wagner||J Williams 14.1||J Williams 7.2||K Ortiz 4.7|
|St. Francis (PA)||U Shannon 13.4||E Brown 8.8||U Shannon 4.1|
On Saturday, St. Francis (PA) hosts Wagner at DeGol Arena. It starts at 4:00 EST. The Red Flash are 2-5 against the Seahawks over the last four years. They fell 72-54 on 2/4/2012, the last time they met.
St. Francis (PA) is in 12th place in the NEC, Wagner is in 4th place. St. Francis (PA) is looking to recover from having lost six games in a row.
In spite of 22 points from Ben Millaud-Meunier, the Red Flash came up short 84-70 against Robert Morris on January 24th. He is putting up 8.0 points per game while also averaging 1.7 rebounds per game. For the Seahawks, Eric Fanning finished with 12 points and 7 rebounds in the 52-50 win over Mount St. Mary's on January 24th. He is averaging 6.5 points and 3.1 rebounds per game.
Wagner has a statistical edge over St. Francis (PA) in a single key area, rebounding, where the Seahawks have the upper hand over the Red Flash, 37 per game to 30 per game.
- It must sting. St. Francis has blown out Wagner by 20 points or more on 5 occasions since 1996.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. St. Francis has a stronger schedule than Wagner this season (SOS Rank: #142 vs #170).
- The St. Francis three-point leader (Ollie Jackson) has more three-pointers than the Wagner three-point leader (Marcus Burton).
- St. Francis is better under pressure, and has defeated Wagner in 6 out of the last 11 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- At least you keep showing up. St. Francis has an average margin of victory of 12 over Wagner in 30 wins since 1981.
- St. Francis is a better three-point shooting team (32.3% vs 27.6%) than Wagner this season.
- Umar Shannon is ranked 8th in the NEC in assists.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. St. Francis has come back to win after being down at half against Wagner 4 times since 1996.