Wake Forest vs. Georgia Tech: Full Game Preview
|Wake Forest||T McKie 15.3||T McKie 8.2||C Miller-McIntyre 2.8|
|Georgia Tech||M Georges-Hunt 10.4||R Carter 7.0||M Udofia 3.0|
Georgia Tech welcomes Wake Forest to Hank McCamish Pavilion on Saturday. Tip-off is at 3:00 EST and you can catch it on ACC Network or ESPN3.com. The Yellow Jackets are 5-3 against the Demon Deacons over the last four years. They won 69-62 on 3/3/2012 the last time they played.
Wake Forest is in 7th place in the conference and Georgia Tech is in 12th place.
In their last outing, despite 18 points and 9 rebounds from Kammeon Holsey, the Yellow Jackets fell to North Carolina 79-63 on January 23rd. He is putting up 9.2 points per game while also averaging 5.0 rebounds per game. For the Demon Deacons, Devin Thomas put up 25 points and 14 rebounds in the 86-84 win over NC State on January 22nd. He is averaging 7.5 points per game and leads the team in blocks with 1.4 per game. When considering the Four Factors, Wake Forest performs well in free throw rate at 45.3. This ranks 1st in the conference and 10th in the country.
Wake Forest StatSmack
- Georgia Tech is better under pressure, and has defeated Wake Forest in 3 out of the last 5 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Georgia Tech has come back to win after being down at half against Wake Forest 4 times since 1997.
- Georgia Tech does a better job contesting shots (34.5% allowed vs 43.6% allowed) than Wake Forest this season.
- Georgia Tech is better at defending the three (28.7% allowed vs 32.5% allowed) than Wake Forest this season.
- We make our fans proud. Georgia Tech has a better record at home than Wake Forest this season (7-0 vs 4-2).
- Mfon Udofia is ranked 10th in the ACC in assists.
- Daniel Miller is ranked 45th nationally in blocks.
- Georgia Tech players are more experienced than Wake Forest players (11,689 minutes played vs 8,034 minutes played).
- The Georgia Tech assist leader (Mfon Udofia) has more assists than the Wake Forest assist leader (Codi Miller-McIntyre).
- It must sting. Georgia Tech has blown out Wake Forest by 20 points or more on 4 occasions since 2009.
- Georgia Tech is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Georgia Tech is 220 lbs compared to 206 lbs for Wake Forest.
|C-||A. Adala Moto||16||5||4||0||1||0||1|
|D+||A. Roundtree III||12||3||2||1||1||1||1|
|D||S. Poole, Jr.||10||2||2||1||0||0||0|