|Rhode Island||X Munford 17.9||N Malesevic 4.5||M Powell 3.4|
|Fordham||B Frazier 15.8||C Gaston 8.1||B Frazier 5.2|
On Saturday, Fordham welcomes Rhode Island at Rose Hill Gym. It gets started at 1:00 EST and you can see it on YES. The Fordham Rams are 1-7 against the Rhode Island Rams over the last four years. They fell 78-58 on 2/29/2012, the last time they met.
Rhode Island and Fordham are tied for 12th in the conference.
The Fordham Rams were defeated by Dayton 96-51 on January 23rd despite 13 points from Jeffrey Short. In addition to his 5.6 points per game, he is also chipping in 1.8 rebounds per game. For the Rhode Island Rams, Xavier Munford put up 20 points and 5 assists in the 66-65 loss to George Washington on January 23rd. He leads the team with 17.9 points per game.
Rhode Island StatSmack
- The Fordham rebounding leader (Ryan Canty) has more rebounds than the Rhode Island rebounding leader (Ryan Brooks).
- At least you keep showing up. Fordham has an average margin of victory of 8 over Rhode Island in 11 wins since 1987.
- Bryan Smith is ranked 9th in the A-10 in three-pointers.
- Fordham is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Fordham is 205 lbs compared to 199 lbs for Rhode Island.
- Ryan Canty is ranked 6th in the A-10 in rebounds and 10th in the A-10 in blocks.
- Fordham players are more experienced than Rhode Island players (9,609 minutes played vs 8,355 minutes played).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Fordham has come back to win after being down at half against Rhode Island 5 times since 1998.
- The Fordham assist leader (Branden Frazier) has more assists than the Rhode Island assist leader (Mike Powell).
- Fordham can actually jump, with more rebounds (36.6 per game vs 32.0 per game) than Rhode Island this season.
- Branden Frazier is ranked 1st in the A-10 in points and 36th nationally in assists.
- The Fordham scoring leader (Branden Frazier) has more points than the Rhode Island scoring leader (Xavier Munford).