Elon vs. Citadel: Full Game Preview
|Elon||L Troutman 15.4||R Beaumont 6.5||A Hamilton 3.3|
|Citadel||M Groselle 14.0||M Groselle 7.8||M Harris III 4.6|
On Saturday, Elon heads to McAlister Field House to take on Citadel. It gets started at 2:05 EST. The Phoenix are 5-2 against the Bulldogs over the last four years. The last time they met (2/4/2012) they won 71-66.
Elon is in 2nd place in the conference, Citadel is in 12th place.
In their last match-up, Jack Isenbarger finished with 23 points and 5 rebounds in the Phoenix 85-61 blowout of Chattanooga on January 24th. He is putting up 14.5 points per game while also averaging 3.1 rebounds per game. For the Bulldogs, Mike Groselle finished with 17 points and 9 rebounds in the 69-54 loss to College of Charleston on January 24th. With 14.0 points per game and 7.8 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
In terms of team stats, Elon has an advantage in a single key area, scoring, where the Phoenix have an edge over the Bulldogs, 70 points per game to 62 points per game.
- Even computers respect Elon more. We have a better RPI this season than Citadel (RPI: #75 vs #347).
- Elon can actually jump, with more rebounds (36.5 per game vs 32.4 per game) than Citadel this season.
- Elon is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Elon is 77.4 inches compared to 76.2 inches for Citadel.
- Lucas Troutman is ranked 7th in SoCon in points, 4th in SoCon in steals, and 38th nationally in blocks.
- The Elon blocks leader (Lucas Troutman) has more blocks than the Citadel blocks leader (Michael Hundley).
- Austin Hamilton is ranked 7th in SoCon in assists and 3rd in SoCon in steals.
- The Elon three-point leader (Jack Isenbarger) has more three-pointers than the Citadel three-point leader (Matt Van Scyoc).
- Elon beat Citadel by 5 points the last time they played (Feb 04, 2012).
- Ryley Beaumont is ranked 6th in SoCon in rebounds.
- The Elon scoring leader (Lucas Troutman) has more points than the Citadel scoring leader (Mike Groselle).
- Elon has a better scoring defense (63.5 allowed per game vs 74.8 allowed per game) than Citadel this season.
|D+||Matt Van Scyoc||30||11||4||1||1||1||2|
|D||M. Harris III||28||6||2||5||1||0||2|