Murray State vs. Jacksonville State: Full Game Preview
|Murray State||I Canaan 21.2||E Daniel 10.7||I Canaan 4.1|
|Jacksonville State||T Gaines 14.7||R Boggs 6.0||B Williams 4.1|
On Saturday, Murray State travels to Pete Mathews Coliseum to take on Jacksonville State. The game tips off at 5:30 EST and you can see it on Racer Television Network. The Racers are 7-0 against the Gamecocks over the last four years. The last time they met (1/12/2012) they won 66-55.
Murray State is in 2nd place in the conference, Jacksonville State is in 6th place.
In their last outing, behind 15 points from Isaiah Canaan, the Racers defeated Tennessee Tech 47-39 on January 24th. He leads the team in points with 21.2 per game, assists with 4.1 per game, and steals with 1.5 per game. For the Gamecocks, Ronnie Boggs finished with 16 points and 7 rebounds in the 81-74 win over Austin Peay on January 24th. He leads the team in rebounds with 6.0 per game and steals with 2.0 per game.
Murray State has a statistical advantage in two significant areas. With the edge in rebounding (36 per game to 29 per game), the Racers should find themselves in a good position on offense. Murray State also has an advantage in scoring, 72 points per game to 65 points per game.
On the other side, the Gamecocks outperform the Racers in blocked shots, 4 per game to 3 per game. A key area of strength for Jacksonville State is free throw rate at 45.0, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 13th nationally).
Jacksonville State StatSmack
- Murray State has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.785 to 0.388).
- Murray State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Murray State is 198 lbs compared to 192 lbs for Jacksonville State.
- The Murray State rebounding leader (Ed Daniel) has more rebounds than the Jacksonville State rebounding leader (Ronnie Boggs).
- Murray State has a more potent offense, scoring more points (75.5 per game vs 64.8 per game) than Jacksonville State this season.
- Murray State is a better three-point shooting team (37.0% vs 32.2%) than Jacksonville State this season.
- Murray State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Murray State is 76.2 inches compared to 75.1 inches for Jacksonville State.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Murray State has a stronger schedule than Jacksonville State this season (SOS Rank: #42 vs #311).
- AP voters think more highly of Murray State and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Jacksonville State (14 vs 0).
- You get an A for effort, but Murray State has emerged victorious against Jacksonville State the last 16 times they've played.
- Even computers respect Murray State more. We have a better RPI this season than Jacksonville State (RPI: #30 vs #113).
- We just win. Murray State has more wins over the last 5 years than Jacksonville State (131 vs 59).