|Bucknell||M Muscala 19.9||M Muscala 11.0||M Muscala 2.9|
|Holy Cross||D Dudzinski 15.5||D Dudzinski 7.0||J Burrell 3.0|
On Saturday, Holy Cross plays host to Bucknell at Hart Center. Tip-off is at 4:00 EST and you can catch it on CBSSN. The Crusaders are 5-5 against the Bison over the last four years. They won 54-52 on 2/18/2012 the last time they played.
A win here would help close the gap with Bucknell in the Patriot, who are in 2nd place and just above Holy Cross in 3rd place.
The Crusaders were defeated by Lafayette 63-53 on January 23rd despite 14 points from Phil Beans. In addition to his 9.2 points per game, he is also chipping in 4.4 rebounds per game. The Bison were defeated by Lehigh 65-62 on January 23rd despite 16 points and 8 rebounds from Mike Muscala. He contributes a team-leading 19.9 points per game, 11.0 rebounds per game, and 2.9 blocks per game.
Analyzing the differences between the teams, Bucknell has an edge in one important area, scoring, where the Bison have the upper hand over the Crusaders, 68 points per game to 60 points per game. Bucknell can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: turnover percentage at 15.0 and defensive rebounding percentage at 74.2.
- Holy Cross is better at defending the three (27.3% allowed vs 31.3% allowed) than Bucknell this season.
- Holy Cross beat Bucknell by 2 points the last time they played (Feb 18, 2012).
- Dave Dudzinski is ranked 6th in the Patriot in points, 3rd in the Patriot in rebounds, and 7th in the Patriot in blocks.
- The Holy Cross steals leader (Jordan Stevens) has more steals than the Bucknell steals leader (Joe Willman).
- At least you keep showing up. Holy Cross has an average margin of victory of 11 over Bucknell in 26 wins since 1990.
- Justin Burrell is ranked 10th in the Patriot in points and 9th in the Patriot in assists.
- It must sting. Holy Cross has blown out Bucknell by 20 points or more on 4 occasions since 2000.