|Southeast MO State||T Stone 16.4||N Johnson 8.9||L Nutt 4.3|
|Eastern Illinois||J Piper 10.6||S Blanford 5.6||A Akers 4.0|
On Saturday, Eastern Illinois plays host to Southeast Missouri State at Lantz Arena. The game gets underway at 7:00 EST. The Panthers are 4-4 against the Redhawks over the last four years. They lost 74-53 the last time they played (1/30/2012).
Eastern Illinois is in 9th place in the Ohio Valley and will be trying to close the gap with Southeast Missouri State, who is currently in 8th place.
In a 69-56 win over Tennessee-Martin on January 24th, Sherman Blanford put up 15 points and 7 rebounds for the Panthers. On top of his scoring average of 10.4 points per game, he delivers 5.6 rebounds per game. The Redhawks were defeated by SIU Edwardsville 80-77 on January 24th despite 12 points and 5 rebounds from A.J. Jones. He is averaging 8.3 points and 3.0 rebounds per game. One category in which Southeast Missouri State is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 18.2, ranking 1st in their conference (and 69th nationally).
Southeast Missouri State StatSmack
- Eastern Illinois has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.414 to 0.319).
- Austin Akers is ranked 6th in the Ohio Valley in assists.
- Eastern Illinois allows fewer rebounds (30.9 allowed per game vs 37.6 allowed per game) than Southeast Missouri State this season.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Eastern Illinois has a stronger schedule than Southeast Missouri State this season (SOS Rank: #252 vs #301).
- We just win. Eastern Illinois has more wins over the last 5 years than Southeast Missouri State (62 vs 56).
- The Eastern Illinois steals leader (Austin Akers) has more steals than the Southeast Missouri State steals leader (Tyler Stone).
- The Eastern Illinois basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Southeast Missouri State (71% vs 54%).
- Josh Piper is ranked 10th in the Ohio Valley in three-pointers.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Eastern Illinois currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (946 to 908) than Southeast Missouri State, per the NCAA.