|CS Fullerton||D Seeley 18.9||S Yeager 4.8||K Vaughn 4.1|
|Pacific||L McCloud 11.5||S Taku 3.8||L McCloud 3.8|
On Saturday, Pacific plays host to Cal State Fullerton at Spanos Center. The game gets underway at 10:00 EST. The Tigers are 4-4 against the Titans over the last four years. They fell 69-68 on 2/23/2012, the last time they met.
Cal State Fullerton and Pacific are packed together in the conference, holding down 3rd and 2nd place, respectively.
In a 63-58 triumph over UC Riverside on January 24th, Lorenzo McCloud put up 17 points for the Tigers. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 11.5 points per game and 3.8 assists per game. In a 95-88 victory over UC Davis on January 24th, D.J. Seeley put up 32 points and 6 assists for the Titans. He contributes a team-leading 18.9 points per game, 4.1 assists per game, and 2.5 steals per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Cal State Fullerton is strong in effective field goal percentage at 56.7. This is good enough for 1st in the conference and 4th in the nation.
Cal State Fullerton StatSmack
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Pacific has a stronger schedule than Cal State Fullerton this season (SOS Rank: #26 vs #343).
- Pacific allows fewer rebounds (31.8 allowed per game vs 35.3 allowed per game) than Cal State Fullerton this season.
- The Pacific basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Cal State Fullerton (95% vs 47%).
- Even computers respect Pacific more. We have a better RPI this season than Cal State Fullerton (RPI: #141 vs #274).
- Pacific has a better scoring defense (66.0 allowed per game vs 73.3 allowed per game) than Cal State Fullerton this season.
- Pacific takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Cal State Fullerton (3 vs 1).
- It must sting. Pacific has blown out Cal State Fullerton by 20 points or more on 5 occasions since 1996.
- Lorenzo McCloud is ranked 9th in the Big West in assists.
- Pacific is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Pacific is 205 lbs compared to 198 lbs for Cal State Fullerton.
- Pacific has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (0.598 to 0.443).
- At least you keep showing up. Pacific has an average margin of victory of 11 over Cal State Fullerton in 36 wins since 1980.
|C-||R. De Souza||17||4||2||2||1||0||1|