Detroit vs. Loyola (IL): Full Game Preview
|Detroit||R McCallum 18.2||N Minnerath 5.8||R McCallum 4.8|
|Loyola (IL)||B Averkamp 15.3||B Averkamp 6.4||C Payne 4.4|
Loyola (Chicago) welcomes Detroit to Joseph J. Gentile Arena on Saturday. Tip-off occurs at 4:00 EST and you can catch it on CSN-CHI. The Ramblers are 2-8 against the Titans over the last four years. They fell 80-71 on 2/28/2012, the last time they met.
Loyola (Chicago) is currently in 7th place in the conference and Detroit is in 3rd.
In a 67-55 win over Cleveland State on January 23rd, Christian Thomas put up 21 points and 5 rebounds for the Ramblers. He is putting up 8.7 points per game while also averaging 5.7 rebounds per game. For the Titans, Doug Anderson put up 20 points and 6 rebounds in the 64-62 loss to Wright State on January 21st. He averages 11.8 points per game in addition to a team-best 0.8 blocks per game.
There is one important category where Detroit has a statistical edge, scoring, where the Titans have the upper hand over the Ramblers, 78 points per game to 62 points per game. A key area of strength for Detroit is turnover percentage at 15.9, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 6th nationally).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Loyola has come back to win after being down at half against Detroit 4 times since 1998.
- Loyola is better at defending the three (34.3% allowed vs 40.5% allowed) than Detroit this season.
- The Loyola rebounding leader (Ben Averkamp) has more rebounds than the Detroit rebounding leader (Doug Anderson).
- Loyola has a better scoring defense (57.8 allowed per game vs 70.7 allowed per game) than Detroit this season.
- It's only wins and losses, but Loyola has a better overall record than Detroit this season (9-3 vs 8-5).
- Devon Turk is ranked 8th in the Horizon in three-pointers.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Loyola currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (976 to 937) than Detroit, per the NCAA.
- The Loyola blocks leader (Ben Averkamp) has more blocks than the Detroit blocks leader (Doug Anderson).
- At least you keep showing up. Loyola has an average margin of victory of 9 over Detroit in 36 wins since 1980.
|C||J. Howard Jr.||28||10||4||1||1||0||1|
|D+||G. Dos Santos||5||2||1||0||0||0||1|