|New Mexico||K Williams 14.1||A Kirk 7.6||K Williams 4.6|
|San Diego State||J Franklin 17.8||J Franklin 9.6||J Franklin 3.4|
On Saturday, No. 15 New Mexico travels to Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl to take on San Diego State. Tip-off is at 4:00 EST and you can catch it on NBCSN. The Lobos are 4-6 against the Aztecs over the last four years. The last time they met (3/10/2012) they won 68-59.
San Diego State is in 2nd place in the conference and just behind 1st place New Mexico with a chance to catch up.
In their last match-up, Tony Snell finished with 23 points in the Lobos 66-61 victory over Colorado State on January 23rd. While contributing 2.8 assists per game, he also scores 12.6 points per game. For the Aztecs, Chase Tapley put up 17 points in the 78-57 blowout of Nevada on January 23rd. He contributes 3.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 14.9 points per game.
San Diego State StatSmack
- Alex Kirk is ranked 50th nationally in rebounds and 3rd in the Mountain West in blocks.
- We beat real teams. New Mexico has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than San Diego State this season (4 vs 2).
- The New Mexico blocks leader (Alex Kirk) has more blocks than the San Diego State blocks leader (Skylar Spencer).
- At least you keep showing up. New Mexico has an average margin of victory of 13 over San Diego State in 37 wins since 1980.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, New Mexico has had more players drafted by the NBA than San Diego State (3 vs 1).
- New Mexico beat San Diego State by 9 points the last time they played (Mar 10, 2012).
- New Mexico is a better free-throw-shooting team (75.1% vs 67.2%) than San Diego State this season.
- You get an A for effort, but New Mexico has emerged victorious against San Diego State the last 2 times they've played.
- The New Mexico assist leader (Kendall Williams) has more assists than the San Diego State assist leader (Jamaal Franklin).
|D+||Dwayne Polee II||11||3||2||0||0||0||1|