|Western Illinois||T Parks 12.8||T Parks 9.1||C Clark III 4.3|
|Oakland||T Bader 21.4||C Petros 8.4||D Mondy 5.1|
Western Illinois travels to Athletics Center Arena on Saturday to take on Oakland. Tip-off is at 5:00 EST and you can catch it on FS-DET. The Leathernecks beat the Golden Grizzlies 73-63 on December 27th and are 2-7 against them over the last four years.
Western Illinois is currently in 1st place in the Summit League and Oakland is in 4th place.
In a 43-40 triumph over IPFW on January 24th, Ceola Clark III put up 11 points for the Leathernecks. He leads the team with 4.3 assists per game and 1.6 steals per game. For the Golden Grizzlies, Travis Bader put up 47 points in the 89-71 blowout of IUPUI on January 24th. His 21.4 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
Oakland has a statistical edge over Western Illinois in a single key area, scoring, where the Golden Grizzlies have the upper hand over the Leathernecks, 71 points per game to 60 points per game.
- Ceola Clark III is ranked 4th in the Summit League in three-pointers, 4th in the Summit League in assists, and 3rd in the Summit League in steals.
- It's only wins and losses, but Western Illinois has a better overall record than Oakland this season (10-3 vs 6-9).
- Western Illinois is a better three-point shooting team (40.5% vs 34.7%) than Oakland this season.
- Terell Parks is ranked 41st nationally in rebounds and 25th nationally in blocks.
- The Western Illinois rebounding leader (Terell Parks) has more rebounds than the Oakland rebounding leader (Corey Petros).
- Boom! Western Illinois crushed Oakland by 10 points the last time they played (Dec 27, 2012).
- The Western Illinois blocks leader (Terell Parks) has more blocks than the Oakland blocks leader (Corey Petros).
- Western Illinois allows fewer rebounds (28.8 allowed per game vs 34.3 allowed per game) than Oakland this season.
- Western Illinois does a better job contesting shots (38.3% allowed vs 48.1% allowed) than Oakland this season.
- Western Illinois is a better shooting team (46.8% vs 42.3%) than Oakland this season.
- Western Illinois has a better scoring defense (52.2 allowed per game vs 73.0 allowed per game) than Oakland this season.
|C+||Ceola Clark III||35||12||3||4||2||0||2|
|C||Don McAvoy III||27||8||4||2||1||0||2|
|D-||Lloyd Neely II||8||1||1||0||0||0||1|