|Notre Dame||J Cooley 14.8||J Cooley 10.6||E Atkins 6.5|
|South Florida||V Rudd 10.9||V Rudd 7.3||A Collins 7.1|
No. 24 Notre Dame matches up against South Florida on Saturday. The game gets underway at 12:00 EST and you can see it on BEN, MASN. WFTS, SNY. The Fighting Irish are 6-0 against the Bulls over the last four years. The last time they met (3/8/2012) they won 57-53.
Notre Dame is currently in 7th place in the Big East and South Florida is in 15th.
The Fighting Irish were defeated by Georgetown 63-47 on January 21st despite 13 points from Jerian Grant. In addition to his 12.5 points per game, he is also chipping in 5.3 assists per game. The Bulls were defeated by Seton Hall 55-47 on January 23rd despite 6 points and 10 assists from Anthony Collins. He leads the team in assists with 7.1 per game and steals with 1.8 per game.
Notre Dame has an advantage in two key statistical areas. With the edge in field goal percentage (49% to 40%), the Fighting Irish should find themselves in a good position on offense. Notre Dame also has an advantage in scoring, 73 points per game to 61 points per game.
South Florida StatSmack
- Diaper Dandies love us. Notre Dame has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than South Florida (14 vs 0).
- We make our fans proud. Notre Dame has a better record at home than South Florida this season (10-0 vs 7-2).
- Notre Dame is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Notre Dame is 79.0 inches compared to 77.9 inches for South Florida.
- The Notre Dame blocks leader (Jack Cooley) has more blocks than the South Florida blocks leader (Toarlyn Fitzpatrick).
- Eric Atkins is ranked 6th nationally in assists.
- Notre Dame allows fewer rebounds (30.8 allowed per game vs 36.2 allowed per game) than South Florida this season.
- Be afraid. Notre Dame has blown out more teams than South Florida this season (5 blowouts vs 0).
- The Notre Dame basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than South Florida (100% vs 50%).
- Notre Dame takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than South Florida (6 vs 1).
- Jerian Grant is ranked 46th nationally in assists.