|Weber State||D Berry 13.9||J Bolomboy 8.3||J Richardson 3.5|
|Montana||M Ward 15.5||K Jamar 6.2||W Cherry 4.6|
Montana welcomes Weber State to Dahlberg Arena on Saturday. Tip-off is at 9:00 EST. The Grizzlies are 6-5 against the Wildcats over the last four years. They won 85-66 on 3/7/2012 the last time they played.
Weber State is in 2nd place in the conference and nipping at the heels of 1st place Montana. Montana is looking to add to its nine-game win streak.
The 21 points by Mathias Ward helped the Grizzlies to a 70-51 cakewalk over Idaho State on January 24th. He leads the team with 15.5 points per game. For the Wildcats, Davion Berry finished with 24 points and 5 rebounds in the 79-74 loss to Montana State on January 24th. With 13.9 points per game and 1.2 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Areas of strength for Weber State include: effective field goal percentage at 56.7, defensive rebounding percentage at 74.1, and free throw rate at 42.7.
Weber State StatSmack
- You get an A for effort, but Montana has emerged victorious against Weber State the last 2 times they've played.
- Michael Weisner is ranked 9th in the Big Sky in three-pointers.
- The Montana assist leader (Kareem Jamar) has more assists than the Weber State assist leader (Davion Berry).
- Montana has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (0.624 to 0.591).
- The Montana scoring leader (Mathias Ward) has more points than the Weber State scoring leader (Davion Berry).
- Mathias Ward is ranked 6th in the Big Sky in points.
- Montana is a better free-throw-shooting team (75.6% vs 65.7%) than Weber State this season.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Montana has come back to win after being down at half against Weber State 6 times since 2003.
- At least you keep showing up. Montana has an average margin of victory of 9 over Weber State in 35 wins since 1980.
- Montana takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Weber State (4 vs 2).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Montana has a stronger schedule than Weber State this season (SOS Rank: #127 vs #144).