|Rice||T Jackson 16.6||T Jackson 6.2||T Jackson 2.3|
|Tulane||J Davis 17.3||J Davis 10.4||R Tarrant 2.6|
On Saturday, Tulane takes on Rice. Tip-off is at 2:00 EST and you can see it on CSS, CSN-BAY, NW. The Green Wave are 5-3 against the Owls over the last four years. They fell 88-74 on 1/28/2012, the last time they met.
Rice is in 11th place in the C-USA and Tulane is in 8th place.
In their last game, Ricky Tarrant put up 16 points in the Green Wave 71-60 loss to Memphis on January 22nd. In addition to a team-leading 2.6 assists per game, he chips in 15.5 points per game. For the Owls, Tamir Jackson put up 15 points and 5 rebounds in the 78-67 loss to UCF on January 23rd. He contributes a team-leading 16.6 points per game, 6.2 rebounds per game, and 2.3 assists per game.
Tulane has a statistical advantage over Rice in two key categories. First, in rebounding, the Green Wave have an edge over the Owls, 35 per game to 25 per game. Tulane also has an advantage in scoring, 65 points per game to 59 points per game.
- The Tulane scoring leader (Josh Davis) has more points than the Rice scoring leader (Tamir Jackson).
- Jordan Callahan is ranked 30th nationally in three-pointers and 8th in C-USA in steals.
- The Tulane assist leader (Ricky Tarrant) has more assists than the Rice assist leader (Tamir Jackson).
- Tulane players are more experienced than Rice players (12,592 minutes played vs 6,082 minutes played).
- Tulane is better under pressure, and has defeated Rice in 4 out of the last 7 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Tulane has a more potent offense, scoring more points (67.4 per game vs 57.9 per game) than Rice this season.
- Tulane is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Tulane is 203 lbs compared to 188 lbs for Rice.
- It's only wins and losses, but Tulane has a better overall record than Rice this season (11-3 vs 3-9).
- We just win. Tulane has more wins over the last 5 years than Rice (78 vs 57).
- Josh Davis is ranked 21st nationally in points, 13th nationally in rebounds, and 10th in C-USA in blocks.