|UAPB||T Kennedy 12.8||D Haynes 7.0||T Hammond 3.8|
|Grambling State||T Rose 15.1||B Purvis 5.7||D Copeland 3.6|
Grambling State plays host to Arkansas-Pine Bluff at Fredrick C. Hobdy Assembly Center on Saturday. It gets started at 6:00 EST. The Tigers are 2-6 against the Golden Lions over the last four years. They lost 68-53 the last time they played (2/27/2012).
Grambling State is 10th in the conference and Arkansas-Pine Bluff is 2nd. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Tigers were defeated by Jackson State 57-46 on January 19th despite 11 points from Steven Danridge. He tallies 3.5 points per game and also adds 2.1 rebounds per game. For the Golden Lions, DaVon Haynes finished with 13 points and 15 rebounds in the 55-51 win over Prairie View A&M on January 21st. He is averaging 11.8 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 7.0 per game.
There is one important category where Arkansas-Pine Bluff has a statistical edge, scoring, where the Golden Lions have the upper hand over the Tigers, 57 points per game to 48 points per game.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff StatSmack
- Grambling State is a better free-throw-shooting team (70.8% vs 60.4%) than Arkansas-Pine Bluff this season.
- The Grambling State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Arkansas-Pine Bluff (78% vs 38%).
- Grambling State is a better three-point shooting team (35.4% vs 23.5%) than Arkansas-Pine Bluff this season.
- Peter "PJ" Roberson is ranked 5th in the SWAC in blocks.
- Grambling State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Grambling State is 208 lbs compared to 201 lbs for Arkansas-Pine Bluff.
- The Grambling State scoring leader (Terry Rose) has more points than the Arkansas-Pine Bluff scoring leader (DaVon Haynes).
- Grambling State is better under pressure, and has defeated Arkansas-Pine Bluff in 5 out of the last 8 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- At least you keep showing up. Grambling State has an average margin of victory of 10 over Arkansas-Pine Bluff in 23 wins since 1982.
- It must sting. Grambling State has blown out Arkansas-Pine Bluff by 20 points or more on 4 occasions since 2002.