|Minnesota||A Hollins 13.8||T Mbakwe 8.6||A Hollins 3.7|
|Wisconsin||J Berggren 12.5||R Evans 7.8||B Brust 2.9|
No. 12 Minnesota heads to Kohl Center on Saturday to take on Wisconsin. The game gets underway at 2:00 EST and you can catch it on Big Ten Network. The Golden Gophers are 3-3 against the Badgers over the last four years. They fell 52-45 on 2/28/2012, the last time they met.
Minnesota is in 6th place in the conference and has an opportunity to gain ground on 4th place Wisconsin.
In their last game, Trevor Mbakwe put up 14 points and 16 rebounds in the Golden Gophers 55-48 loss to Northwestern on January 23rd. On top of his scoring average of 9.9 points per game, he delivers 8.6 rebounds per game. The Badgers were defeated by Michigan State 49-47 on January 22nd despite 9 points and 9 rebounds from Jared Berggren. He leads the team in points with 12.5 per game and blocks with 1.8 per game. One category in which Wisconsin is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 14.5, ranking 1st in their conference (and 1st nationally).
- The Minnesota scoring leader (Andre Hollins) has more points than the Wisconsin scoring leader (Jared Berggren).
- Eliott Eliason is ranked 5th in the Big Ten in blocks.
- Andre Hollins is ranked 8th in the Big Ten in points, 8th in the Big Ten in three-pointers, and 9th in the Big Ten in assists.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Minnesota has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Wisconsin (6 vs 4).
- Trevor Mbakwe is ranked 2nd in the Big Ten in rebounds and 5th in the Big Ten in blocks.
- Joe Coleman is ranked 7th in the Big Ten in steals.
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Minnesota is superior to Wisconsin (Latest AP Poll: #9 vs Not Ranked).
- We beat real teams. Minnesota has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Wisconsin this season (2 vs 0).
- Rodney Williams is ranked 2nd in the Big Ten in blocks.
- Austin Hollins is ranked 24th nationally in steals.
- It's only wins and losses, but Minnesota has a better overall record than Wisconsin this season (13-1 vs 9-4).