|UAPB||T Kennedy 12.8||D Haynes 7.0||T Hammond 3.8|
|Grambling State||T Rose 15.1||B Purvis 5.7||D Copeland 3.6|
Arkansas-Pine Bluff visits Fredrick C. Hobdy Assembly Center on Saturday to take on Grambling State. The game gets underway at 6:00 EST. The Golden Lions are 6-2 against the Tigers over the last four years. The last time they met (2/27/2012) they won 68-53.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff is in 2nd place in the conference, Grambling State is in 10th place.
In their last game, DaVon Haynes put up 13 points and 15 rebounds in the Golden Lions 55-51 win over Prairie View A&M on January 21st. He leads the team in rebounds per game with 7.0 while also putting up 11.8 points per game. For the Tigers, Terry Rose put up 10 points and 6 rebounds in the 57-46 loss to Jackson State on January 19th. He leads the team with 15.1 points per game.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff has a statistical advantage over Grambling State in one significant area, scoring, where the Golden Lions have an edge over the Tigers, 57 points per game to 48 points per game.
Grambling State StatSmack
- We just win. Arkansas-Pine Bluff has more wins over the last 5 years than Grambling State (63 vs 36).
- The Arkansas-Pine Bluff blocks leader (Mitchell Anderson) has more blocks than the Grambling State blocks leader (Peter "PJ" Roberson).
- At least you keep showing up. Arkansas-Pine Bluff has an average margin of victory of 10 over Grambling State in 14 wins since 1982.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff is better at defending the three (31.8% allowed vs 40.3% allowed) than Grambling State this season.
- The Arkansas-Pine Bluff assist leader (Tevin Hammond) has more assists than the Grambling State assist leader (David Copeland).
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff embarrassed Grambling State by 15 points the last time they played (Feb 27, 2012).
- Tevin Hammond is ranked 4th in the SWAC in assists and 49th nationally in steals.
- DaVon Haynes is ranked 3rd in the SWAC in rebounds and 9th in the SWAC in steals.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Arkansas-Pine Bluff currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (885 to 858) than Grambling State, per the NCAA.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff can actually jump, with more rebounds (31.3 per game vs 27.9 per game) than Grambling State this season.
- The Arkansas-Pine Bluff rebounding leader (DaVon Haynes) has more rebounds than the Grambling State rebounding leader (Peter "PJ" Roberson).