|Arkansas||B Young 16.9||M Powell 5.4||B Young 4.1|
|South Carolina||B Williams 12.2||L Jackson 7.3||E Smith 3.6|
On Saturday, South Carolina hosts Arkansas at Colonial Life Arena. It starts at 1:30 EST and you can catch it on SEC Network. The Gamecocks are 2-2 against the Razorbacks over the last four years. They fell 76-65 on 2/11/2012, the last time they met.
South Carolina is in 11th place in the SEC and Arkansas is in 4th. Both teams continue to fight for position.
In their last game, Brenton Williams put up 16 points and 5 rebounds in the Gamecocks 71-65 loss to Missouri on January 22nd. He leads the team in scoring average, scoring 12.2 points per contest. For the Razorbacks, Marshawn Powell put up 17 points in the 96-70 blowout of Mississippi State on January 23rd. He averages 15.3 points per game in addition to a team-best 5.4 rebounds per game.
There is one important category where Arkansas has a statistical edge, scoring, where the Razorbacks have the upper hand over the Gamecocks, 79 points per game to 71 points per game. Arkansas ranks 1st in their conference in turnover percentage at 16.1, which also places them 9th in the country.
- South Carolina has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Arkansas according to Kiplinger (46% vs 32%).
- Brenton Williams is ranked 8th in the SEC in three-pointers.
- South Carolina is a better three-point shooting team (35.8% vs 31.7%) than Arkansas this season.
- The South Carolina assist leader (Eric Smith) has more assists than the Arkansas assist leader (B.J. Young).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? South Carolina currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (968 to 894) than Arkansas, per the NCAA.
- At least you keep showing up. South Carolina has an average margin of victory of 7 over Arkansas in 10 wins since 1991.
- The South Carolina basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Arkansas (53% vs 22%).
- South Carolina allows fewer rebounds (28.4 allowed per game vs 37.6 allowed per game) than Arkansas this season.
- South Carolina has a much better Kiplinger In-State Ranking than Arkansas (#42 vs #57).
- Eric Smith is ranked 3rd in the SEC in assists.
- South Carolina players are more experienced than Arkansas players (11,303 minutes played vs 9,500 minutes played).