Providence vs. Marquette: Full Game Preview
|Providence||B Cotton 21.9||L Henton 8.2||V Council 6.6|
|Marquette||V Blue 14.0||D Gardner 5.7||J Cadougan 4.3|
Marquette hosts Providence at BMO Harris Bradley Center on Saturday. The game tips off at 2:00 EST and you can see it on MASN, Sports32, Big East. The Golden Eagles are 6-0 against the Friars over the last four years. They won 79-72 on 1/21/2012 the last time they played.
Marquette is in 2nd place in the conference, Providence is in 13th place.
The Golden Eagles were defeated by Cincinnati 71-69 on January 19th despite 19 points and 8 rebounds from Vander Blue. With 14.0 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. The Friars were defeated by Pittsburgh 68-64 on January 22nd despite 24 points from Bryce Cotton. His 21.9 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
- The Marquette basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Providence (91% vs 80%).
- Marquette has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Providence ($31,469 vs $51,895).
- At least you keep showing up. Marquette has an average margin of victory of 14 over Providence in 10 wins since 1983.
- You get an A for effort, but Marquette has emerged victorious against Providence the last 8 times they've played.
- Marquette takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Providence (8 vs 1).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Marquette has a stronger schedule than Providence this season (SOS Rank: #162 vs #202).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Marquette has come back to win after being down at half against Providence 3 times since 2008.
- How does our back look? Marquette is ranked higher than Providence in the Big East (#1 vs #3).
- It must sting. Marquette has blown out Providence by 20 points or more on 4 occasions since 2007.
- The Marquette assist leader (Junior Cadougan) has more assists than the Providence assist leader (Bryce Cotton).
- Marquette allows fewer rebounds (30.9 allowed per game vs 34.5 allowed per game) than Providence this season.
|D+||S. Taylor Jr.||9||3||2||0||0||0||0|