Providence vs. Marquette: Full Game Preview
|Providence||B Cotton 21.9||L Henton 8.2||V Council 6.6|
|Marquette||V Blue 14.0||D Gardner 5.7||J Cadougan 4.3|
On Saturday, Providence heads to BMO Harris Bradley Center to take on Marquette. Tip-off occurs at 2:00 EST and you can catch it on MASN, Sports32, Big East. The Friars are 0-6 against the Golden Eagles over the last four years. They fell 79-72 on 1/21/2012, the last time they met.
Providence is currently in 13th place in the conference and Marquette is in 2nd.
In their last outing, despite 24 points from Bryce Cotton, the Friars fell to Pittsburgh 68-64 on January 22nd. With 21.9 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. The Golden Eagles were defeated by Cincinnati 71-69 on January 19th despite 19 points and 8 rebounds from Vander Blue. His 14.0 points per game is the highest mark on the team. From a tempo-free perspective, Marquette is strong in free throw rate at 43.7. This is good enough for 2nd in the conference and 24th in the nation.
- The Providence rebounding leader (LaDontae Henton) has more rebounds than the Marquette rebounding leader (Davante Gardner).
- Providence is better at defending the three (26.0% allowed vs 31.1% allowed) than Marquette this season.
- The Providence blocks leader (Brice Kofane) has more blocks than the Marquette blocks leader (Chris Otule).
- Kadeem Batts is ranked 6th in the Big East in rebounds.
- The Providence scoring leader (Bryce Cotton) has more points than the Marquette scoring leader (Davante Gardner).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Providence has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Marquette (4 vs 3).
- Providence has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Marquette according to Kiplinger (84.4% vs 59.8%).
- Providence has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Marquette (#137 vs #204).
- The Providence three-point leader (Bryce Cotton) has more three-pointers than the Marquette three-point leader (Vander Blue).
|D+||S. Taylor Jr.||9||3||2||0||0||0||0|