|Pepperdine||L Jackson 14.3||S Davis 7.2||C Willis 4.7|
|Saint Mary's||M Dellavedova 16.6||B Waldow 5.7||M Dellavedova 6.7|
Saint Mary's hosts Pepperdine at McKeon Pavilion on Saturday. It gets started at 6:00 EST and you can catch it on CSN-CA or NW. The Gaels are 8-0 against the Waves over the last four years. The last time they met (1/19/2012) they won 61-47.
Pepperdine is in 6th place in the conference and Saint Mary's is in 2nd place. Saint Mary's has won its last four games.
In their last outing, behind 20 points and 5 rebounds from Beau Levesque, the Gaels blew out San Diego 81-48 on January 24th. While contributing 4.5 rebounds per game, he also scores 10.2 points per game. For the Waves, Jordan Baker put up 21 points and 7 rebounds in the 60-57 win over Loyola Marymount on January 24th. He contributes 4.8 rebounds per game in addition to his 11.4 points per game.
Saint Mary's has a statistical advantage over Pepperdine in one significant category, scoring, where the Gaels have an edge over the Waves, 78 points per game to 63 points per game.
- Even computers respect Saint Mary's more. We have a better RPI this season than Pepperdine (RPI: #105 vs #185).
- Matthew Dellavedova is ranked 30th nationally in points, 25th nationally in three-pointers, and 7th nationally in assists.
- Saint Mary's has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.793 to 0.333).
- Saint Mary's has a more potent offense, scoring more points (79.9 per game vs 65.0 per game) than Pepperdine this season.
- The Saint Mary's steals leader (James Walker III) has more steals than the Pepperdine steals leader (Caleb Willis).
- James Walker III is ranked 5th in the West Coast in three-pointers.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Saint Mary's has come back to win after being down at half against Pepperdine 4 times since 1997.
- Saint Mary's waxed Pepperdine by 14 points the last time they played (Jan 19, 2012).
- AP voters think more highly of Saint Mary's and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Pepperdine (40 vs 0).
- The Saint Mary's basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Pepperdine (69% vs 57%).
|C-||M. De Freitas||18||3||5||1||0||1||1|
|C+||J. Walker III||26||9||4||1||1||0||1|