DePaul vs. Pittsburgh: Full Game Preview
|DePaul||C Melvin 17.6||C Melvin 7.6||B Young 4.3|
|Pittsburgh||T Zanna 11.7||S Adams 5.9||T Woodall 5.7|
On Saturday, Pittsburgh hosts DePaul at Petersen Events Center. Tip-off is at 4:00 EST and it can be seen on ROOT, Big East Net, MASN. The Panthers are 4-1 against the Blue Demons over the last four years. They lost 84-81 the last time they played (1/5/2012).
Pittsburgh is in 4th place in the conference, DePaul is in 14th place.
In their last game, Lamar Patterson put up 17 points and 7 rebounds in the Panthers 68-64 win over Providence on January 22nd. He is averaging 10.0 points per game while also contributing a team-high 1.4 steals per game. For the Blue Demons, Jamee Crockett put up 19 points in the 71-62 loss to St. John's on January 19th. He is averaging 9.6 points and 4.5 rebounds per game.
- Pittsburgh is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Pittsburgh is 78.0 inches compared to 76.9 inches for DePaul.
- Pittsburgh has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than DePaul (#112 vs #167).
- Pittsburgh allows fewer rebounds (25.8 allowed per game vs 37.4 allowed per game) than DePaul this season.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Pittsburgh has a stronger schedule than DePaul this season (SOS Rank: #219 vs #318).
- Talib Zanna is ranked 9th in the Big East in rebounds.
- AP voters think more highly of Pittsburgh and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than DePaul (164 vs 0).
- People just expect us to beat you. Pittsburgh has been the favorite 8 out of the last 8 times.
- Be afraid. Pittsburgh has blown out more teams than DePaul this season (9 blowouts vs 3).
- Tray Woodall is ranked 18th nationally in assists.
- The Pittsburgh three-point leader (Tray Woodall) has more three-pointers than the DePaul three-point leader (Moses Morgan).
|D+||D. Robertson Jr.||15||3||3||0||0||1||1|