Marshall vs. Memphis: Full Game Preview
|Marshall||E Pittman 14.8||D Tinnon 8.8||D Kane 7.3|
|Memphis||J Jackson 15.3||D Stephens 6.7||J Jackson 4.0|
Memphis welcomes Marshall to FedEx Forum on Saturday. Tip-off is at 2:00 EST and it can be seen on FSN or MSG+. The Tigers are 6-1 against the Thundering Herd over the last four years. They won 83-57 on 3/10/2012 the last time they played.
Memphis is currently in 1st place in the C-USA and Marshall is in 7th. Memphis will be looking to extend its nine-game win streak.
In their last match-up, Geron Johnson finished with 18 points and 5 assists in the Tigers 71-60 victory over Tulane on January 22nd. While contributing 3.9 rebounds per game, he also scores 10.2 points per game. For the Thundering Herd, Jamir Hanner finished with 8 points in the 102-46 loss to Southern Miss on January 23rd. He contributes 3.2 rebounds per game in addition to his 4.4 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Marshall is strong in the following categories: free throw rate at 46.5 and offensive rebounding percentage at 38.8.
- We win when it counts, too. Memphis has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Marshall (14 vs 0).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Memphis has had more players drafted by the NBA than Marshall (10 vs 1).
- Memphis players are more experienced than Marshall players (11,776 minutes played vs 8,643 minutes played).
- Memphis allows fewer rebounds (31.6 allowed per game vs 37.4 allowed per game) than Marshall this season.
- Memphis is a better shooting team (47.2% vs 42.3%) than Marshall this season.
- Memphis has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Marshall (1 vs 0).
- Memphis has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.791 to 0.502).
- The Memphis steals leader (Chris Crawford) has more steals than the Marshall steals leader (DeAndre Kane).
- It must sting. Memphis has blown out Marshall by 20 points or more on 7 occasions since 2006.
- We just win. Memphis has more wins over the last 5 years than Marshall (155 vs 105).
- At least you keep showing up. Memphis has an average margin of victory of 16 over Marshall in 10 wins since 2005.