Boston College vs. Virginia: Full Game Preview
|Boston College||R Anderson 16.5||R Anderson 9.4||J Rahon 3.8|
|Virginia||J Harris 15.3||A Mitchell 9.0||J Evans 4.0|
Boston College travels to John Paul Jones Arena on Saturday to take on Virginia. It gets started at 1:00 EST and you can see it on RSN, ESPN3.com, CSN-BAL. The Eagles are 5-2 against the Cavaliers over the last four years. They fell 66-49 on 1/26/2012, the last time they met.
Virginia is in 3rd place in the conference and Boston College is in 11th place.
The Eagles were defeated by Maryland 64-59 on January 22nd despite 19 points and 7 rebounds from Ryan Anderson. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 16.5 points per game and 9.4 rebounds per game. For the Cavaliers, Evan Nolte put up 18 points in the 74-58 blowout of Virginia Tech on January 24th. He contributes 2.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 7.1 points per game. Virginia ranks 1st in their conference in defensive rebounding percentage at 73.1, which also places them 22nd in the country.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Boston College currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (958 to 939) than Virginia, per the NCAA.
- Lonnie Jackson is ranked 6th in the ACC in three-pointers.
- Boston College has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.609 to 0.545).
- AP voters think more highly of Boston College and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Virginia (43 vs 27).
- Dennis Clifford is ranked 9th in the ACC in blocks.
- Ryan Anderson is ranked 7th in the ACC in points and 44th nationally in rebounds.
- At least you keep showing up. Boston College has an average margin of victory of 10 over Virginia in 6 wins since 1982.
- Joe Rahon is ranked 10th in the ACC in three-pointers and 6th in the ACC in assists.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Boston College has had more players drafted by the NBA than Virginia (5 vs 1).
|D+||Andrew Van Nest||12||4||2||1||0||0||1|
|F||J. Cain Carney||1||0||0||0||0||0||0|