No. 24 Cincinnati outshot Mississippi Valley State 55.7 percent-34.4 percent and easily got past the Delta Devils 102-60 on Tuesday, Nov. 13. The game was never close, with Cincinnati leading 43-23 at the half. Sean Kilpatrick played well for the Bearcats and got a game-high 20 points and seven rebounds. Cashmere Wright had 11 points. Matt Smith got nine points and five rebounds for the Delta Devils. Cincinnati (2-0, 0-0 Big East) hosts North Carolina A&T (1-1, 0-0 MEAC) on Sunday, Nov. 18.
Cincinnati Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:49 left to go.
- Cincinnati started 2-0 during the 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2000, 1999, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- This was the second blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Cincinnati has been on the winning end of 28 blowout games.
Mississippi Valley State Game Notes
- This was the second blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, MVSU has been on the losing end of 39 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Davon Usher and Darryl Marshall) accounted for 43.3 percent of the points.