|Tennessee State||R Covington 17.4||K Thornton 7.8||P Miller 5.4|
|Morehead State||M Chavis 11.8||C Posthumus 7.0||D Atkinson 5.4|
Morehead State plays host to Tennessee State at Ellis T. Johnson Arena on Saturday. Tip-off is at 7:30 EST. The Eagles are 4-4 against the Tigers over the last four years. They fell 59-52 on 3/2/2012, the last time they met.
Morehead State is in 5th place in the conference and just behind 4th place Tennessee State with a chance to close in.
In their last outing, despite 16 points from Bakari Turner, the Eagles fell to Belmont 64-63 on January 24th. While contributing 1.6 rebounds per game, he also scores 7.2 points per game. For the Tigers, Jordan Cyphers put up 15 points in the 76-67 loss to Eastern Kentucky on January 24th. He is averaging 11.8 points and 2.4 rebounds per game. Tennessee State ranks 2nd in their conference in free throw rate at 40.7, which also places them 49th in the country.
Tennessee State StatSmack
- Morehead isn't as congested as Nashville (population is significantly lower).
- Devon Atkinson is ranked 46th nationally in assists and 9th in the Ohio Valley in steals.
- Milton Chavis is ranked 3rd in the Ohio Valley in steals.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Morehead State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (962 to 902) than Tennessee State, per the NCAA.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Morehead State has a stronger schedule than Tennessee State this season (SOS Rank: #64 vs #168).
- We just win. Morehead State has more wins over the last 5 years than Tennessee State (108 vs 77).
- It must sting. Morehead State has blown out Tennessee State by 20 points or more on 7 occasions since 1999.
- Morehead State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.608 to 0.446).
- At least you keep showing up. Morehead State has an average margin of victory of 12 over Tennessee State in 31 wins since 1980.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Morehead State has come back to win after being down at half against Tennessee State 6 times since 1996.