|Georgia State||R Hunter 16.3||M Atkins 6.0||D White 3.5|
|Drexel||D Lee 17.2||D McCoy 8.4||F Massenat 4.2|
On Saturday, Drexel welcomes Georgia State at Daskalakis Athletic Center. The game tips off at 12:00 EST. The Dragons beat the Panthers 77-60 on January 2nd and are 6-1 against them over the last four years.
Drexel is currently in 6th place in the CAA and Georgia State is in 3rd.
In their last game, Frantz Massenat put up 14 points and 5 rebounds in the Dragons 55-52 win over Hofstra on January 23rd. He leads the team in assists per game with 4.2 while also putting up 14.3 points per game. For the Panthers, R.J. Hunter finished with 19 points and 6 rebounds in the 81-63 blowout of North Carolina-Wilmington on January 23rd. His 16.3 points per game is the highest mark on the team. Georgia State will hope to exploit their strength in turnover percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 18.9 in this area ranks 2nd in the conference and 95th in the country.
Georgia State StatSmack
- Drexel has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.607 to 0.444).
- We just win. Drexel has more wins over the last 5 years than Georgia State (97 vs 72).
- Drexel allows fewer rebounds (28.1 allowed per game vs 35.7 allowed per game) than Georgia State this season.
- At least you keep showing up. Drexel has an average margin of victory of 13 over Georgia State in 10 wins since 1982.
- Drexel is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Drexel is 208 lbs compared to 197 lbs for Georgia State.
- Drexel players are more experienced than Georgia State players (14,512 minutes played vs 6,206 minutes played).
- Damion Lee is ranked 9th in the CAA in points and 7th in the CAA in three-pointers.
- Daryl McCoy is ranked 5th in the CAA in rebounds.
- Even computers respect Drexel more. We have a better RPI this season than Georgia State (RPI: #227 vs #246).
- Drexel embarrassed Georgia State by 22 points the last time they played (Jan 25, 2012).