|Davidson||D Brooks 13.5||D Brooks 6.4||N Cochran 3.4|
|Appalachian State||J Canty 14.8||N Healy 7.3||M Neal 3.4|
Davidson heads to Holmes Center on Saturday to take on Appalachian State. Tip-off is at 2:00 EST. The Wildcats are 3-3 against the Mountaineers over the last four years. The last time they met (1/14/2012) they won 83-79.
Davidson is 1st in the SoCon and Appalachian State is in 6th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Wildcats got past Western Carolina 79-74 on January 24th with the help of 32 points from Nik Cochran. He is averaging 10.3 points per game and leads the team in assists with 3.4 per game. For the Mountaineers, Nathan Healy finished with 17 points and 13 rebounds in the 64-62 win over Georgia Southern on January 24th. He puts up a team-leading 7.3 rebounds per game, 1.8 steals per game, and 1.3 blocks per game.
Appalachian State StatSmack
- Davidson does a better job contesting shots (42.9% allowed vs 47.2% allowed) than Appalachian State this season.
- Davidson is a better free-throw-shooting team (79.5% vs 69.3%) than Appalachian State this season.
- De`Mon Brooks is ranked 10th in SoCon in points.
- The Davidson blocks leader (Jake Cohen) has more blocks than the Appalachian State blocks leader (Nathan Healy).
- How does our back look? Davidson is ranked higher than Appalachian State in SoCon (#1 vs #7).
- The Davidson assist leader (Nik Cochran) has more assists than the Appalachian State assist leader (Jay Canty).
- Davidson is a better three-point shooting team (39.4% vs 35.8%) than Appalachian State this season.
- Nik Cochran is ranked 7th in SoCon in assists.
- Even computers respect Davidson more. We have a better RPI this season than Appalachian State (RPI: #88 vs #326).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Davidson has had more players drafted by the NBA than Appalachian State (1 vs 0).
- Chris Czerapowicz is ranked 8th in SoCon in three-pointers.
|D||Mason Archie II||2||1||0||0||0||0||1|