|St. Francis (NY)||J Cannon 16.3||J Cannon 9.3||B Jones 4.3|
|Central Conn.||K Vinales 22.4||M Hunter 7.5||K Vinales 3.6|
St. Francis (NY) travels to William H. Detrick Gymnasium on Saturday to take on Central Connecticut State. Tip-off is at 3:30 EST. The Terriers are 2-5 against the Blue Devils over the last four years. The last time they met (2/2/2012) they won 73-67.
St. Francis (NY) is in 4th place in the conference, Central Connecticut State is in 7th place.
In their last match-up on January 24th, Jalen Cannon put up 21 points and 10 rebounds for the Terriers in a loss to Long Island, 78-68. He leads the team with 16.3 points per game and 9.3 rebounds per game. The Blue Devils were defeated by Quinnipiac 85-78 on January 24th despite 32 points from Kyle Vinales. With 22.4 points per game and 3.6 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. A key area of strength for Central Connecticut State is turnover percentage at 18.0, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 56th nationally).
Central Connecticut State StatSmack
- At least you keep showing up. St. Francis has an average margin of victory of 10 over Central Connecticut State in 17 wins since 1986.
- Ben Mockford is ranked 4th in the NEC in three-pointers.
- St. Francis beat Central Connecticut State by 6 points the last time they played (Feb 02, 2012).
- The St. Francis basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Central Connecticut State (70% vs 43%).
- St. Francis allows fewer rebounds (37.4 allowed per game vs 41.5 allowed per game) than Central Connecticut State this season.
- St. Francis players are more experienced than Central Connecticut State players (9,554 minutes played vs 6,414 minutes played).
- The St. Francis three-point leader (Ben Mockford) has more three-pointers than the Central Connecticut State three-point leader (Adonis Burbage).
- The St. Francis assist leader (Brent Jones) has more assists than the Central Connecticut State assist leader (Kyle Vinales).
- Brent Jones is ranked 4th in the NEC in assists.