|West Virginia||J Staten 9.9||A Murray 6.5||J Staten 3.0|
|Oklahoma State||M Brown 14.4||P Jurick 7.1||M Smart 4.5|
West Virginia heads to Gallagher-Iba Arena on Saturday to take on Oklahoma State. Tip-off is at 1:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN U.
West Virginia is currently tied with Oklahoma State in the Big 12 in 6th place.
In their last match-up on January 23rd, Eron Harris put up 19 points as the Mountaineers ran it up on TCU 71-50. He is putting up 7.2 points per game while also averaging 2.1 rebounds per game. For the Cowboys, Marcus Smart finished with 12 points and 10 rebounds in the 64-54 loss to Baylor on January 21st. With 4.5 assists per game and 2.7 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Oklahoma State StatSmack
- West Virginia players are more experienced than Oklahoma State players (10,590 minutes played vs 7,675 minutes played).
- Aaric Murray is ranked 10th in the Big 12 in rebounds and 5th in the Big 12 in blocks.
- Juwan Staten is ranked 6th in the Big 12 in steals.
- West Virginia has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.669 to 0.612).
- The West Virginia rebounding leader (Aaric Murray) has more rebounds than the Oklahoma State rebounding leader (Philip Jurick).
- Oklahoma State has been ducking West Virginia for over 30 years.
- The West Virginia blocks leader (Aaric Murray) has more blocks than the Oklahoma State blocks leader (Philip Jurick).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? West Virginia currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (979 to 928) than Oklahoma State, per the NCAA.
- West Virginia takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Oklahoma State (7 vs 5).
- AP voters think more highly of West Virginia and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Oklahoma State (76 vs 63).