Xavier vs. Saint Joseph's: Full Game Preview
|Xavier||S Christon 14.9||T Taylor 8.2||S Christon 4.9|
|Saint Joseph's||C Jones 14.8||R Roberts Jr. 8.8||C Wilson 3.8|
Xavier travels to Hagan Arena on Saturday to take on St. Joseph's (PA). The game tips off at 6:00 EST and you can catch it on CBSSN. The Musketeers are 4-0 against the Hawks over the last four years. The last time they met (1/18/2012) they won 68-55.
Xavier is currently in 1st place in the conference and St. Joseph's (PA) is in 12th.
In their last match-up on January 23rd, Semaj Christon put up 18 points and 5 rebounds for the Musketeers in a loss to Charlotte, 63-57. With 14.9 points per game, 4.9 assists per game, and 1.6 steals per game, he leads the team in all three categories. For the Hawks, Halil Kanacevic finished with 16 points and 6 rebounds in the 73-64 loss to St. Bonaventure on January 23rd. He contributes 7.1 rebounds per game in addition to his 7.9 points per game.
St. Joseph's (PA) StatSmack
- The Xavier steals leader (Semaj Christon) has more steals than the St. Joseph's steals leader (Langston Galloway).
- We win when it counts, too. Xavier has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than St. Joseph's (14 vs 3).
- We just win. Xavier has more wins over the last 5 years than St. Joseph's (137 vs 87).
- It must sting. Xavier has blown out St. Joseph's by 20 points or more on 6 occasions since 1999.
- Xavier allows fewer rebounds (30.9 allowed per game vs 34.4 allowed per game) than St. Joseph's this season.
- The Xavier rebounding leader (Travis Taylor) has more rebounds than the St. Joseph's rebounding leader (Ronald Roberts Jr.).
- The Xavier basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than St. Joseph's (92% vs 71%).
- Xavier has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.709 to 0.468).
- AP voters think more highly of Xavier and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than St. Joseph's (71 vs 24).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Xavier has recruited more Top 50 high school players than St. Joseph's (3 vs 0).
|B||R. Roberts Jr.||33||11||9||1||1||1||1|