|Western Kentucky||J Crook 14.5||B Harris 6.6||J Crook 4.5|
|Middle Tenn State||M Knight 12.6||S Jones 6.0||B Massey Jr 3.0|
On Saturday, Western Kentucky travels to Murphy Center to take on Middle Tennessee State. It takes place at 4:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN 2. The Hilltoppers are 3-5 against the Blue Raiders over the last four years. The last time they met (2/25/2012) they won 73-67.
Western Kentucky is in 5th place in the Sun Belt, Middle Tennessee State is in 1st place.
In spite of 14 points and 7 rebounds from Brandon Harris, the Hilltoppers came up short 65-57 against South Alabama on January 24th. He tallies 9.0 points per game in addition to a team-best 6.6 rebounds per game. For the Blue Raiders, Marcos Knight put up 15 points and 5 assists in the 72-64 win over North Texas on January 24th. He leads the team in points with 12.6 per game and steals with 1.6 per game. A key area of strength for Middle Tennessee State is offensive rebounding percentage at 38.2, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 27th nationally).
Middle Tennessee State StatSmack
- The Western Kentucky rebounding leader (Brandon Harris) has more rebounds than the Middle Tennessee State rebounding leader (Shawn Jones).
- Western Kentucky beat Middle Tennessee State by 6 points the last time they played (Feb 25, 2012).
- T.J. Price is ranked 8th in the Sun Belt in points and 5th in the Sun Belt in three-pointers.
- The Western Kentucky assist leader (Jamal Crook) has more assists than the Middle Tennessee State assist leader (Trantell Knight).
- The Western Kentucky basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Middle Tennessee State (100% vs 42%).
- The Western Kentucky scoring leader (T.J. Price) has more points than the Middle Tennessee State scoring leader (Marcos Knight).
- George Fant is ranked 7th in the Sun Belt in rebounds and 10th in the Sun Belt in blocks.
- Western Kentucky is better under pressure, and has defeated Middle Tennessee State in 6 out of the last 8 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Jamal Crook is ranked 10th in the Sun Belt in points, 3rd in the Sun Belt in assists, and 6th in the Sun Belt in steals.
- We just win. Western Kentucky has more wins over the last 5 years than Middle Tennessee State (117 vs 108).
|C||Bruce Massey Jr||22||5||3||3||1||0||2|
|C||K. Hammonds II||21||6||3||2||1||0||1|
|D+||J. Gallman Jr||13||4||1||1||0||0||0|
|D+||Jason Jones Jr||10||4||2||1||0||0||1|