Texas A&M-CC vs. SE Louisiana: Full Game Preview
|Texas A&M-CC||W Nelson 14.0||W Nelson 7.8||J Jordan 5.1|
|SE Louisiana||B Fortenberry 12.9||R Johnson 7.7||B Fortenberry 2.8|
On Saturday, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi visits University Center (LA) to take on Southeastern Louisiana. It starts at 5:00 EST. The Islanders are 2-2 against the Lions over the last four years. They lost 67-55 the last time they played (1/14/2012).
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi is 9th in the conference and Southeastern Louisiana is 4th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In their last match-up, Johnathan Jordan finished with 18 points and 5 assists in the Islanders 69-62 loss against Nicholls State on January 24th. He is averaging 12.2 points per game while also contributing a team-high 5.1 assists per game. For the Lions, Brandon Fortenberry put up 22 points and 5 assists in the 69-65 win over Sam Houston State on January 24th. With 12.9 points per game and 2.8 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Southeastern Louisiana StatSmack
- The Texas A&M-Corpus Christi scoring leader (William Nelson) has more points than the Southeastern Louisiana scoring leader (Brandon Fortenberry).
- Hameed Ali is ranked 10th in the Southland in assists and 2nd in the Southland in steals.
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi is a better free-throw-shooting team (68.2% vs 61.5%) than Southeastern Louisiana this season.
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Texas A&M-Corpus Christi is 77.0 inches compared to 75.4 inches for Southeastern Louisiana.
- The Texas A&M-Corpus Christi steals leader (Hameed Ali) has more steals than the Southeastern Louisiana steals leader (Roosevelt Johnson).
- The Texas A&M-Corpus Christi assist leader (Johnathan Jordan) has more assists than the Southeastern Louisiana assist leader (Brandon Fortenberry).
- Joy Williamson is ranked 10th in the Southland in three-pointers and 7th in the Southland in steals.
- The Texas A&M-Corpus Christi rebounding leader (William Nelson) has more rebounds than the Southeastern Louisiana rebounding leader (Roosevelt Johnson).
- Even computers respect Texas A&M-Corpus Christi more. We have a better RPI this season than Southeastern Louisiana (RPI: #282 vs #321).
- The Texas A&M-Corpus Christi blocks leader (Nate Maxey) has more blocks than the Southeastern Louisiana blocks leader (Roosevelt Johnson).