|Kansas State||R McGruder 15.3||T Gipson 5.5||A Rodriguez 4.9|
|Iowa State||W Clyburn 14.4||M Ejim 9.5||K Lucious 5.5|
Iowa State hosts No. 11 Kansas State at James H. Hilton Coliseum on Saturday. Tip-off occurs at 1:45 EST and you can see it on Big 12 Network. The Cyclones are 3-5 against the Wildcats over the last four years. They won 65-61 on 2/25/2012 the last time they played.
Iowa State maintains 5th place in the Big 12 while Kansas State is in 2nd place.
The Cyclones were defeated by Texas Tech 56-51 on January 23rd despite 12 points and 10 rebounds from Will Clyburn. He leads the team with 13.9 points per game. For the Wildcats, Angel Rodriguez finished with 12 points and 5 rebounds in the 59-55 loss to Kansas on January 22nd. With 4.8 assists per game and 1.3 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Kansas State ranks 1st in their conference in offensive rebounding percentage at 40.4, which also places them 10th in the country.
Kansas State StatSmack
- You get an A for effort, but Iowa State has emerged victorious against Kansas State the last 2 times they've played.
- The Iowa State three-point leader (Tyrus McGee) has more three-pointers than the Kansas State three-point leader (Will Spradling).
- At least you keep showing up. Iowa State has an average margin of victory of 9 over Kansas State in 29 wins since 1980.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Iowa State has come back to win after being down at half against Kansas State 7 times since 1996.
- Iowa State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Iowa State is 223 lbs compared to 215 lbs for Kansas State.
- Iowa State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Iowa State is 77.5 inches compared to 76.4 inches for Kansas State.
- Korie Lucious is ranked 6th in the Big 12 in three-pointers and 42nd nationally in assists.
- The Iowa State scoring leader (Will Clyburn) has more points than the Kansas State scoring leader (Rodney McGruder).
- Iowa State is better under pressure, and has defeated Kansas State in 8 out of the last 14 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Iowa State has a stronger schedule than Kansas State this season (SOS Rank: #191 vs #219).
- Iowa State beat Kansas State by 4 points the last time they played (Feb 25, 2012).