|Southern Miss||D Davis 13.3||J Mills 6.5||N Watson 5.2|
|Tulsa||R Smith 14.5||J Woodard 5.9||S Harrison 2.3|
On Saturday, Tulsa welcomes Southern Miss at Reynolds Center. It starts at 4:05 EST. The Golden Hurricane are 3-1 against the Golden Eagles over the last four years. They fell 77-69 on 2/15/2012, the last time they met.
Tulsa is currently in 5th place in the conference and Southern Miss is in 1st.
In an 87-72 dismantling of Houston on January 23rd, Scottie Haralson put up 19 points and 7 rebounds for the Golden Hurricane. He is averaging 9.6 points and 3.7 rebounds per game. In a 102-46 blowout of Marshall on January 23rd, Dwayne Davis put up 19 points and 5 rebounds for the Golden Eagles. His 13.3 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
Comparing team stats, Southern Miss looks to have the edge in one significant category, scoring, where the Golden Eagles have the upper hand over the Golden Hurricane, 74 points per game to 65 points per game. Southern Miss can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: offensive rebounding percentage at 41.8 and effective field goal percentage at 55.1.
Southern Miss StatSmack
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Tulsa has had more players drafted by the NBA than Southern Miss (1 vs 0).
- At least you keep showing up. Tulsa has an average margin of victory of 8 over Southern Miss in 6 wins since 1987.
- The Tulsa basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Southern Miss (67% vs 54%).
- Shaquille Harrison is ranked 1st in C-USA in steals.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Tulsa currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (965 to 922) than Southern Miss, per the NCAA.
- Tulsa players are more experienced than Southern Miss players (7,933 minutes played vs 5,908 minutes played).
- Scottie Haralson is ranked 3rd in C-USA in three-pointers.
- The Tulsa scoring leader (James Woodard) has more points than the Southern Miss scoring leader (Jerrold Brooks).
- The Tulsa three-point leader (Scottie Haralson) has more three-pointers than the Southern Miss three-point leader (Jerrold Brooks).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Tulsa has come back to win after being down at half against Southern Miss 3 times since 2008.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Tulsa has a stronger schedule than Southern Miss this season (SOS Rank: #128 vs #183).
|C||P. Swilling Jr.||24||10||2||1||0||0||2|