Elon vs. Citadel: Full Game Preview
|Elon||L Troutman 15.4||R Beaumont 6.5||A Hamilton 3.3|
|Citadel||M Groselle 14.0||M Groselle 7.8||M Harris III 4.6|
Citadel welcomes Elon to McAlister Field House on Saturday. Tip-off is at 2:05 EST. The Bulldogs are 2-5 against the Phoenix over the last four years. They fell 71-66 on 2/4/2012, the last time they met.
Citadel is in 12th place in the conference, Elon is in 2nd place.
The Bulldogs fell 69-54 to College of Charleston on January 24th. Mike Groselle finished with 17 points and 9 rebounds in the loss. On top of his scoring average of 14.0 points per game, he delivers 7.8 rebounds per game. For the Phoenix, Lucas Troutman put up 18 points and 8 rebounds in the 85-61 blowout of Chattanooga on January 24th. With 15.4 points per game and 2.1 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Analyzing the differences between the teams, Elon has an edge in one important area, scoring, where the Phoenix have the upper hand over the Bulldogs, 70 points per game to 62 points per game. One category in which Elon is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 16.6, ranking 1st in their conference (and 13th nationally).
- The Citadel assist leader (Marshall Harris III) has more assists than the Elon assist leader (Austin Hamilton).
- Maybe someday you'll play some real competition. Citadel has a stronger schedule (including future opponents) than Elon this season (Projected SOS Rank: #292 vs #312).
- Mike Groselle is ranked 7th in SoCon in rebounds.
- Marshall Harris III is ranked 4th in SoCon in assists.
- Citadel is better under pressure, and has defeated Elon in 4 out of the last 6 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Citadel allows fewer rebounds (34.5 allowed per game vs 39.0 allowed per game) than Elon this season.
|D+||Matt Van Scyoc||30||11||4||1||1||1||2|
|D||M. Harris III||28||6||2||5||1||0||2|