UCLA vs. Arizona State: Full Game Preview
|UCLA||S Muhammad 18.2||K Anderson 9.2||L Drew II 8.2|
|Arizona State||J Carson 17.5||C Felix 8.1||J Carson 5.1|
UCLA travels to Wells Fargo Arena on Saturday to take on Arizona State. Tip-off is at 4:00 EST and you can catch it on FSN or MSG+. The Bruins are 5-3 against the Sun Devils over the last four years. The last time they met (2/23/2012) they won 66-57.
UCLA is in 2nd place in the conference and needs to hold off 3rd place Arizona State.
The Bruins got past Arizona 84-73 on January 24th with the help of 23 points from Shabazz Muhammad. His 18.2 points per game is the highest mark on the team. For the Sun Devils, Evan Gordon finished with 28 points in the 98-93 win over USC on January 24th. He contributes 3.0 rebounds per game in addition to his 11.1 points per game. Arizona State will hope to exploit their strength in effective field goal percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 52.4 in this area ranks 2nd in the conference and 47th in the country.
Arizona State StatSmack
- Kyle Anderson is ranked 5th in the Pac 12 in rebounds, 4th in the Pac 12 in assists, and 7th in the Pac 12 in steals.
- UCLA is a better free-throw-shooting team (72.6% vs 62.7%) than Arizona State this season.
- Even computers respect UCLA more. We have a better RPI this season than Arizona State (RPI: #55 vs #73).
- We just win. UCLA has more wins over the last 5 years than Arizona State (127 vs 102).
- UCLA has more Top 5 Director's Cup finishes than Arizona State (16 vs 0)
- The UCLA assist leader (Larry Drew II) has more assists than the Arizona State assist leader (Jahii Carson).
- UCLA has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Arizona State (3 vs 0).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 UCLA has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Arizona State (25 vs 3).
- UCLA takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Arizona State (6 vs 2).
- Larry Drew II is ranked 2nd nationally in assists.
- Shabazz Muhammad is ranked 9th in the Pac 12 in points.
|B||Larry Drew II||35||6||3||8||1||0||2|