Arkansas vs. South Carolina: Full Game Preview
|Arkansas||B Young 16.9||M Powell 5.4||B Young 4.1|
|South Carolina||B Williams 12.2||L Jackson 7.3||E Smith 3.6|
On Saturday, Arkansas heads to Colonial Life Arena to take on South Carolina. It gets started at 1:30 EST and you can see it on SEC Network. The Razorbacks are 2-2 against the Gamecocks over the last four years. They won 76-65 on 2/11/2012 the last time they played.
Arkansas is in 4th place in the conference, South Carolina is in 11th place.
In their last outing, behind 17 points from Marshawn Powell, the Razorbacks blew out Mississippi State 96-70 on January 23rd. He is averaging 15.3 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 5.4 per game. For the Gamecocks, Brenton Williams finished with 16 points and 5 rebounds in the 71-65 loss to Missouri on January 22nd. His 12.2 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
Arkansas appears to have a key statistical advantage over South Carolina in one area, scoring, where the Razorbacks have an edge over the Gamecocks, 79 points per game to 71 points per game. South Carolina ranks 1st in their conference in offensive rebounding percentage at 42.2, which also places them 2nd in the country.
South Carolina StatSmack
- We make our fans proud. Arkansas has a better record at home than South Carolina this season (7-1 vs 6-2).
- The Arkansas steals leader (Mardracus Wade) has more steals than the South Carolina steals leader (Brenton Williams).
- Arkansas takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than South Carolina (3 vs 1).
- At least you keep showing up. Arkansas has an average margin of victory of 14 over South Carolina in 14 wins since 1991.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Arkansas has a stronger schedule than South Carolina this season (SOS Rank: #110 vs #345).
- Arkansas is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Arkansas is 77.6 inches compared to 75.6 inches for South Carolina.
- Arkansas has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (0.645 to 0.520).
- B.J. Young is ranked 6th in the SEC in points and 5th in the SEC in assists.
- We beat real teams. Arkansas has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than South Carolina this season (2 vs 0).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Arkansas has recruited more Top 50 high school players than South Carolina (7 vs 3).