|North Dakota State||T Braun 15.2||T Wright 5.7||L Alexander 4.0|
|South Dakota State||N Wolters 20.7||J Dykstra 6.9||N Wolters 5.8|
On Saturday, North Dakota State visits Frost Arena to take on South Dakota State. Tip-off is at 3:05 EST and you can see it on FCS or Midco Sports Net. The Bison defeated the Jackrabbits 65-62 on December 29th and are 7-2 against them over the past four years.
North Dakota State is in 2nd place in the Summit League and needs to hold off South Dakota State who sit just south in 3rd place.
In their last outing, despite 10 points from Mike Felt, the Bison fell to Western Illinois 50-42 on January 19th. While contributing 2.0 rebounds per game, he also scores 9.0 points per game. For the Jackrabbits, Nate Wolters finished with 12 points and 6 rebounds in the 80-65 blowout of IUPUI on January 19th. He contributes a team-leading 20.7 points per game, 5.8 assists per game, and 1.7 steals per game. Areas of strength for South Dakota State include: turnover percentage at 16.0, defensive rebounding percentage at 73.0, and effective field goal percentage at 52.6.
South Dakota State StatSmack
- TrayVonn Wright is ranked 3rd in the Summit League in blocks.
- Lawrence Alexander is ranked 5th in the Summit League in assists.
- It's only wins and losses, but North Dakota State has a better overall record than South Dakota State this season (11-3 vs 10-5).
- Even computers respect North Dakota State more. We have a better RPI this season than South Dakota State (RPI: #41 vs #87).
- North Dakota State does a better job contesting shots (37.4% allowed vs 45.2% allowed) than South Dakota State this season.
- The North Dakota State blocks leader (TrayVonn Wright) has more blocks than the South Dakota State blocks leader (Jordan Dykstra).
- North Dakota State is better under pressure, and has defeated South Dakota State in 3 out of the last 5 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- North Dakota State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.581 to 0.576).
- Be afraid. North Dakota State has blown out more teams than South Dakota State this season (6 blowouts vs 2).
- At least you keep showing up. North Dakota State has an average margin of victory of 14 over South Dakota State in 12 wins since 2005.
- The North Dakota State three-point leader (Mike Felt) has more three-pointers than the South Dakota State three-point leader (Jordan Dykstra).