|Maryland||A Len 13.5||A Len 8.2||P Howard 4.6|
|Duke||M Plumlee 17.3||M Plumlee 11.4||Q Cook 6.1|
On Saturday, No. 1 Duke plays host to Maryland at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Tip-off is at 1:00 EST and you can see it on CBS. The Blue Devils are 9-1 against the Terrapins over the last four years. They won 73-55 on 2/11/2012 the last time they played.
Duke is currently in 3rd place in the ACC and Maryland is in 7th.
The Blue Devils fell 90-63 to Miami (FL) on January 23rd. Rasheed Sulaimon finished with 16 points in the loss. He contributes 3.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 11.3 points per game. For the Terrapins, Alex Len finished with 16 points and 13 rebounds in the 64-59 win over Boston College on January 22nd. He contributes a team-leading 13.5 points per game, 8.2 rebounds per game, and 1.9 blocks per game. Maryland ranks 1st in their conference in offensive rebounding percentage at 40.1, which also places them 12th in the country.
- Duke has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Maryland (#3 vs #44).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Duke has a stronger schedule than Maryland this season (SOS Rank: #2 vs #292).
- Even computers respect Duke more. We have a better RPI this season than Maryland (RPI: #1 vs #69).
- We win when it counts, too. Duke has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Maryland (21 vs 6).
- The Duke basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Maryland (83% vs 31%).
- The only thing that matters. Duke has more NCAA Championships over the last 10 years than Maryland (1 vs 0).
- People just expect us to beat you. Duke has been the favorite 34 out of the last 39 times.
- Ryan Kelly is ranked 3rd in the ACC in blocks.
- Tyler Thornton is ranked 3rd in the ACC in steals.
- We're a talent magnet. Since 1998 Duke has recruited more Top 10 high school players than Maryland (11 vs 0).
- Duke players are more experienced than Maryland players (11,677 minutes played vs 9,654 minutes played).