(4-14, 1-8 away)
(13-7, 7-4 home)
Venue: TD Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 24, 2013
||M Groselle 14
||M Groselle 7
||M Harris III 4
||A Lawrence 14
||A Baru 8
||A Lawrence 4
On Thursday, January 24th, Citadel took on College of Charleston and was destroyed by the Cougars 69-54 in conference play. The Bulldogs are now 0-2 against College of Charleston this season. The Bulldogs got a good performance from Mike Groselle, who put up a game-high 17 points and nine rebounds. Ashton Moore had nine points and added two rebounds. For the Cougars, Willis Hall got a team-high 14 points and five rebounds. Citadel (4-14, 1-7 SoCon) takes on Elon (12-7, 5-2 SoCon) on Saturday, January 26th on their home court.
Citadel Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:35 left to go.
- Citadel started 4-14 during the 2011 and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- Citadel beat the spread by 2.0 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- Citadel has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 54 or fewer total points.
- The Bulldogs have lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 36.5% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 43.9% or better this season, Citadel has lost 100% of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition records 14 or more free throws made this season, Citadel has lost 100% of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 69 or more total points this season, Citadel has lost 93% of the time (1-14).
- Citadel set season lows for free throws made and turnovers.
- Mike Groselle recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 17.
- Mike Groselle accounted for 31.4% of the team's points.
- Mike Groselle accounted for 31.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Mike Groselle has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 12 times in 18 games this season.
College of Charleston Game Notes
- College of Charleston won, but did not cover the spread.
- Willis Hall has led the team in scoring 3 times in 20 games this season.
- Adjehi Baru has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 20 games this season.
- Andrew Lawrence has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Adjehi Baru recorded the 9th double-digit rebound game of his career.
|C+||M. Harris III||29||5||1||1||3||0||0|
|C||Matt Van Scyoc||37||4||2||1||1||0||1|