(4-14, 1-8 away)
(13-7, 7-4 home)
Venue: TD Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 24, 2013
||M Groselle 14
||M Groselle 7
||M Harris III 4
||A Lawrence 14
||A Baru 8
||A Lawrence 4
On Thursday, January 24th, College of Charleston easily got past Citadel 69-54 in SoCon action. With the win, the Cougars improve their record to 1-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Willis Hall paced the Cougars and put up a team-high 14 points and five rebounds. Nori Johnson also put in a solid contribution, scoring five points and adding four rebounds. Mike Groselle finished with a game-high 17 points and nine rebounds for the Bulldogs. College of Charleston (13-7, 5-3 SoCon) takes on Wofford (8-12, 2-5 SoCon) on Saturday, January 26th on the road.
College of Charleston Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:35 left to go.
- College of Charleston started 13-7 during the 2009, 2006, and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- The Cougars have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 69 or more total points.
- College of Charleston has won 91% of the time this season (10-1) when its field goal percentage has been 43.9% or better.
- CofC has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 54 or fewer total points.
- This season College of Charleston has won 92% of the time (11-1) when Anthony Stitt has 10 points or more, 73% of the time (8-3) when Andrew Lawrence has 4 field goals made or more, and 85% of the time (11-2) when Willis Hall has 5 rebounds or more.
- The Cougars set a season high for rebounds.
- The last time CofC recorded at least 48 rebounds was Feb 09, 2012 against Western Carolina.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--CofC has a 1.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Willis Hall has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 20 games this season.
- Adjehi Baru has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 20 games this season.
- Andrew Lawrence has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Adjehi Baru recorded the 9th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Citadel Game Notes
- Mike Groselle recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 17.
- Mike Groselle accounted for 31.4% of the team's points.
- Mike Groselle accounted for 31.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Mike Groselle has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 12 times in 18 games this season.
|C+||M. Harris III||29||5||1||1||3||0||0|
|C||Matt Van Scyoc||37||4||2||1||1||0||1|